Painting your interior is self rewarding. A complete detailed guide.
Painting your interior has an important advantage. This is something that you can learn and do. You will not have to pay anybody to give your home a new look. The best thing is you did it, it's self rewarding.
What stops you from painting the interior of your home?
Is it moving everything, creating a mess, tedious and the thought of all the work involved? Let's not think that way, think of it as fun and easy.
Painting your interior is really a simple project and you can do this. Hey, the professionals make it look easy. They had to learn somewhere, you can learn too. I would like to show you how.
I went ahead and wrote down some information that explains everything about painting your interior. It is a step by step guide that explains everything in detail.
- Choosing colors--Using permanent fixtures, such as furniture and the color wheel, will create the right color combinations.
- Preparing the room--moving furniture, filling holes
- Painting the ceiling---A technique that prepares the wall with a straight line for cutting in the wall paint.
- Trim---Quick and easy. No need to tape.
- Doors---Where do you start. Anywhere.
- Walls---Applying the proper amount of paint for an even smooth finish.
- Cleaning---Simple and easy, just like washing the dishes.
Painting your interior of your home, is a job that many people don't want to do. As a painter, I find painting very rewarding.
The painting your interior how to tips I will show you are focused towards the home owner. There's no need to go out and buy fancy tools, or even a ton of stuff, just a few basic items.
If you have ever attempted to paint your home before, or hired someone, you might have had a hard time choosing colors. The key to interior paint color combinations are already in your room.
Combining the right colors and the correct way to paint, you can end up with a beautiful and professional looking room.
I will show you step by step what I did to repaint a bedroom and living room in my home. In the pictures below, you can see the before and after look of both rooms.
I almost forgot, what brand of paint should you buy. There are many different paints, all saying their the best. This may make your decision difficult. I'll give you my recommendations and the pros and cons of paints I've used.
In the paint section, their are links to other sites that give testimonials about different paints, you may be surprised about what you will read.
The tips and techniques that I show you are described in detail. I can,t be there with you but, I will try to explain to you what will or can happen. No surprises.
Many different types of, how to or instructional articles and books I've read, always seam to leave out some small important information. The intent for this guide, is to give you all the information.
Spending your weekend painting, is probably not the first thing you'll want to do on your days off. So my goal here, is to make this as painless and easy as possible, without spending a lot of money.
This site is for the do-it-yourselfer, the home owner. I will not show you how to use professional equipment, there is no need for these tools.
The first step you will want to tackle is a color. So, let's get started by choosing a color.
- Choosing paint colors that create a perfect color flow
- Choosing paint colors for your interior rooms can be a difficult task. See how you can use a simple method that creates a nice color combination and flow
- Interior Paint Finishes. Brand names, low cost with great looks.
- It’s confusing with all the different types of paints on the market. Interior paint finishes do not have to cost a lot, the less expensive ones work just as well.
- Interior Painting Tools. A paint tray kit works great
- Cut your coast on most of your interior painting tools. A simple inexpensive kit has mostly everything you will need. Others tools you may already have
- Interior Painting Preparation with a few simple tools.
- Interior Painting Preparation does not require a lot of tools. Depending on the rooms condition, a little caulk, spackle and sanding, maybe all that is needed.
- How to paint trim. Interior, doors and window trim
- Find out how to paint trim quickly and easy. Painting the interior doors, baseboard and window trim before the walls, makes cutting in easier.
- Learn how to paint walls easily, painting techniques and suggestions.
- A guide that shows you how to paint walls easily. Using different painting techiques helps makes painting more enjoyable. Interior painting suggestions for a different look and color flow.
- How to use a paint roller. Let the roller do the work.
- How to use a paint roller may sound like not a big issue. Knowing how to use a paint roller the way it is designed to be used, gives a better appearance and easy to use.
- about the website owner
- This is a brief introductory about me. My past history painting and how I learnrd.
- Contact Painting Your Interior
- Contact Ken at painting Your Interior